We all know that Vitamins C and E are good for staving off infections, helping blood circulation, and helping the body to repair connective tissues after injuries. Not many of us know the benefits of these two vitamins in skin care. We’ve heard a lot of claims, but are any of them true? Let’s take a look at a couple of them:
1. Vitamin E can soften skin.
- This is a claim that has survived much research, but is it true?
- To an extent it is. What Vitamin E actually does is repair the damaged collagen in your skin cells due to time, sun, and other factors.
- Because it can do this, your skin takes on a younger appearance.
- Repairing collagen restores the skin’s natural elasticity leading to the disappearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and dry patches on the skin.
- Continued use of vitamin E can prevent the damage that is a deterrent to keeping your skin smooth, supple, and younger looking.
2. Vitamin C grows skin cells.
- Though it may sound outlandish, this is true.
- Ascorbic acid, or vitamin C, is the key ingredient in your body’s production of collagen.
- It also helps to grow new skin cells, and blood vessels.
- While vitamin E helps with elasticity, vitamin C helps with giving skin its strength and firmness.
- It helps your skin repair itself and has also been proven to reverse DNA damage.
- Further research has suggested that may even protect against sunburn caused by UV-B rays.
These two vitamins together can boost each other’s ability to reverse scarring, dryness, and damage due to exposure to the sun and other environmental factors. This one-two punch can help you take years off of your face and keep it off. Using Skin Medica Vitamin C and E complex will give your complexion the fighting chance it needs to stay looking young, smooth and healthy.